Saturday, February 23, 2008

Church Choir

It's been a while for me not to blog these days..
I'll blame my busy days lately... umm... busy at work? not really...busy having fun? maybe... busy solving unexpected problems? definitely... :|

Just got back from the church today and guess what? I think I'm gonna be part of the church choir... but not at the usual church I always go to... but the church in the city where they have Indonesian Catholic Community serves as the church choir every 1st, 3rd, and 5th week...

I know a guy who just joined and I thought...ummm it would be good if I can join too coz every now and then I always wanted to be part of the choir... but then I didn't know anyone and I think it would be very awkward if I just jumped to the group and asked "can I join?" :P
I'm pretty sure they'll be very welcome and grateful for me coz it is for a church :-) but yeah I think having a friend (and it'd be even better to know more than 1 friend) who like participating in the choir is even better... so that's the story why I decided to join this time...

My first choir practice was last Friday after work... I met my friend first and we went there together...
Then I met a bunch of new people whose name I hardly could remember :P but I'm getting there :D
I learn many new songs that I've never sung before but yeah I think it's pretty easy to follow :) *HAHA I'm boasting right now!* :P... my voice is not a golden voice but I think it's not bad... at least I know how to follow the tune :P

Apart from that I think I'm gonna go to the fund raising that would be held next week... I haven't really decided on that but it'd be good if I can participate in it... (NOT performing...but just to raise some funds for those needy people :-)

Hope this is not one-off thing... coz sometimes I like doing it if I feel no motivation for me to keep doing it :)
Wish me luck :-)

2 comments:

Monica said...

is the guy in the choir your motivation? ;)

Deb Koo said...

which guy? most of them are younger guys -___-