Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wonderful Bday



Yes it was my bday not long ago...
I had my bday exactly on the same day as my flight back to Sydney... isn't it wonderful? :-)
Well it is coz that means a lot of people attending my bday :-)

It was not that bad...in the morning I still got the chance to celebrate it with my parents and friends... we had lunch or to be more exact, it was a brunch coz I was afraid I wouldn't make it if it was for a lunch... so we had brunch at around 11am.
I got quite many presents and gifts...but more importantly I got the chance to celebrate it with my closest ones... and that's what made me happy :-)

I also had some important people sent me messages and emails congratulating me :-) I really appreciate that...
Even someone who is really important to me sent me a msg...hehe I thought that person would have forgotten it :P

Ummm the story doesn't end there... after the brunch.. it was the time for me to get my stuffs and went to the airport... I thought "ahh sunny day... having a trip back to syd on my bday would be blessed" and it was indeed... there were just few obstacles that I need to bore a little...
So my dad dropped me and my mom first just in front of the gate so that we could just check in while he parked the car.. I told my mom to wait for my dad and I put my luggages under the x-ray...
Guess what happened next? BLACK OUT!!!! and the sky totally changed. The sunny day had turned into a cloudy and stormy day... "Man...why it has to be now???", I thought...
When I checked in, I asked the officer if the plan would change and she said "the runway is just closed... I don't think any plan can land here...it's too dangerous!"

I was quite panic but I tried to remain positive... I told myself that I would be OK and would still fly on that day...
So I told the officer to put me into other flight which doesn't reschedule their plan. People think it was quite hopeless to try other flights coz in most cases all flights would be redirected to other airports...

Then I also met my friends who were going to go back to Jakarta...their flight is different from mine but their flight also got delayed coz of the weather...
Then after waiting for about 1/2 hrs.. the weather got better and the airport was opened again...
One plane landed and it was my friends'... so I quickly ran to the counter again and they also called my name at the same time, trying to inform me that they can put me into other flight... so you can say I was popular for 1 day coz my name was mentioned several times hahaha...

I could say I was lucky coz everyone was trying to buy tickets for that flight and it was soo full... it was the only flight which got delayed for around 1 hr... other flights could get delayed for 3 hrs or even more.. :| and IF I got delayed, my connecting flight to KL would be wasted coz I could hardly make it :-S

After I arrived at Jakarta, I still needed to change terminal and queued up to check in... you know what?? one of MH (Malaysia Airlines) flights got canceled and most passengers of that flight tried to squeeze in my flight... no wonder soo many ppl lined up in MH counters...
I got served very slowly :-| but I could make it in the end to KL...

Now, from KL to Sydney... it was a planned connecting flight so it shouldn't matter anymore...it was just too tight I could say...
Once I got off from the plane, one MH officer was waiting for me...and it was only me (?????)
She said "quick you gotta be at gate X quickly"
I walked fast there and they've boarded already... at least I wasn't the last passenger so the other passengers wouldn't hate me :P
And the story ends at Sydney where I got off safely :-)

Such a happy ending story isnt it? :P
Now I still got a little jet lag and hopefully I can adapt to Syd time again in no time...

1 comment:

Monica said...

hi deb.. happy belated birthday yah.. *muach*