Friday, February 29, 2008

Brisbane Trip

I went to Brisbane for a day yesterday...
It was a tiring day despite the fact that it was quite fun too!

I woke up at 6.25 am sharp yesterday coz I need to leave home at 7. My taxi came and the driver almost left me as he couldnt park his car in front of my building (I forgot it's clearway time!) but luckily I was only 3 mins late so I still could catch him back :P

I checked my bag again while I was in the taxi and suddenly I realised that I forgot my damn ticket! Man... the taxi needed to go back again :-(
It's good that my building is probably only 15 mins away from the airport so I could still make it and in fact, I've got there so early :-) no baggage... so it's very fast to check in.

There is another girl from other division who went to Brisbane with me. She's nice... and it is good to have someone go there with you, so if you get lost, you do it together... :)

The session was alright, better than I expected...
They had this door prize idea where people were encouraged to ask many questions so he/she could get more chances to win...
I asked quite many questions and I got like 5-6 chances to win compared to 2-3 who didn't ask many. But I still didn't win it -____-
But everyone went home with no empty-handed. We've got Suncorp umbrella. Does this sound pathetic? Hahaha... yeah Sydney's always raining recently and we've got a big umbrella which can protect us from rain and strong wind...
I heard only employees who have been in Suncorp for 10 years would get it. Hehe I guess I speed-up my employment to 3 weeks to get that! Nice... :-)

On the way back to Sydney, we had another guy joined us coz we caught the same plane and all of us held an umbrella each.
Being proud to get the umbrella before we reach 10 years of employment, we really wanted to bring them to Sydney and prolly show it off to other mates haha :P
But the umbrella has a sharp tip and it's a NONO to be placed in the cabin.
UMBRELLA NEEDS TO BE CHECKED IN. Sound ridiculous to do that? NO! We love our umbrellas... One of the officer from Qantas said "Just throw it away! They're just give aways..."
We said "No, we came all the way to Brisbane just for these umbrellas!" hahaha... that's true though :0 I like it :P hahaha (Man, I sound so cheap >.< )

Then we checked them in and guess what? They're OVERSIZE BAGGAGE hahahaha

Well oh well, in the end if you like it, then you gotta go for it! Don't listen to what people said :P

I'm so tireddddd.... Looking forward to meet other guys and girls in the choir team coz I didn't go there last night becoz of this trip. :-)
Have a great weekend guys!

No comments: