Sunday, November 11, 2007

Enthusiasm

Recently I've lost my enthusiasm...
I didn't really study coz I simply didn't really feel like it... there are just too many things that can make me lose my enthusiasm in my life these days... no need to mention what they are but one thing that I realise, I don't know what I really want to do in life.

I've made so many tough decisions this year coz I thought I sort of had a glimpse of my future. About where I wanna be, what I wanna do, etc. But there are just too many uncertainties in this life that can't guarantee for our happiness hey?

I've read a blog of one of the priests that I know and he talked about enthusiasm that is one of the forms of love. Hmm.. strange... :|
He wrote, “When we love and believe in something from the bottom of our soul, we feel stronger than the world and we are imbued with a serenity that comes from the certainty that nothing can conquer our faith. This strange force makes us always make the right decisions at the right time, and we are surprised at our own capacity when we fulfill our objective.”

I don't want to emphasise what the relationship between love and enthusiasm is in this one coz I'm not too sure myself. But what stroke me was that simply I just realised that my faith isn't strong at all. I've made the decisions and always tend to go back to assess it. I don't think this is right. This way I will always fall in possible regret and won't be able to move on...
I think keeping enthusiasm alive in our heart is very important :)
Be sure that what you've done was really your decision and nothing is to regret really coz you'll get a better future when u've made up your mind that u will have it! :)

We just need to build up our faith that we will reach our goals in life and when we do this, the strange force will assure us to always make the right decisions at the right time.

"Enthusiasm is your greatest strength, intent on the final victory. You cannot let it slip through your fingers just because as time passes we have to face some small and necessary defeats."

4 comments:

Y said...

Very true. The small defeats in your life, is really up to how someone takes them, each as a motivation or a real defeat.

yc

Zen said...

From my own experience, enthusiasm and motivation came from knowing where you want to be in the future - from understanding your purpose.

Life without a purpose is a life not worth living. Drifting day by day only to clear hurdle after hurdle.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you set your eyes on your current goal. And whatever comes in your way, you know that by clearing one challenges after another you are one step closer towards your final goal?

vero said...

U've been blogging regularly. Good girl! :)

Faith and positive thinking are really important. Regretting and looking back at the past don't do any good. So just look forward to the future and concentrate on the present :)

-ur secret admirer

Deb Koo said...

I definitely agree with you zen :)

Of coz we gotta draw the line connecting our current state and our goal (to be accomplished in the future) so that we can simply follow it. But I just feel unsure recently... worrying if the goal that I've set is not really something that can guarantee my happiness in the future.

I think I just gotta think positively that whatever goal we have set will make us a complete person and once we've decided to follow it, we should not worry about what it will turn out to be.