Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Second Exam

Yes, I had my second exam this morning. I feel like im getting old now... maybe coz I'll turn 25 next year so I've started to have this back problem LOL :P

The exam was crazily tiring haha, I needed to write 9 pages of answers for 2 questions and on page 6 onwards, my hand writting was like a real mess, my hand muscles couldn't support the pen anymore yet the clock kept ticking so yeah I need to ganbatehh there hehe lucky I haven't broken my wrist hahaha *exaggerrating* But I think I did alright overall...

Went straight home to enjoy the comfort of some old invention called bed, pillow, and of course my guling :P and even though I had a weird dream I couldn't manage to wake up that soon hehe maybe coz it wasn't a nightmare o___O

Ah yeah, also got an email from my future employer about a networking event that will be held in Brisbane. I thought since it is in Brisbane then I can't go. It will be held in the 28th btw. Then I emailed the HR and confirmed if it's in Brisbane coz obviously I won't be able to attend if it is. Then she replied that she could manage a flight for me :D I thought wow that'd be good!!!
I feel so happy coz I will start working in Feb but have been treated as if I've joined them some times ago :) nice...
The only problem is that it will be held on the 28th yet on the 29th evening I will fly back to Indonesia. I wonder if they would still fly me back on the 29th morning knowing this :( Well, can't do much about it since I gotta pay $150 just to change my ticket departure, let's just hope for the best :D

I also got this email from 1 institution offering some sort of program for students who are interested in getting a job in Sydney, particularly in the IT industry. They would charge AUD$3000 for those students but they would also guarantee that they'll get a job (eventually). But no guarantee that they'll get a job within certain period tho.
Not sure if it's getting popular to have institutions like that, but I know Monash University in Melbourne also has such program that asks students for about $1500ish so that they'll find them a job :|
I personally don't think it's worth the money, especially there are so many agents (job agencies) that will take care of you (potential employee) and it's free of charge. But of coz there's no obligation for them to find you a job. But for those unemployed students that can't find a job easily, isn't that amount of money significant?
Anyway, if you are interested you can contact me hahaa coz in the email they say they'll give me $200 if I recommend 1 student to join their program :P hahaha

1 comment:

Y said...

Delay the flight, for the networking event + a stay in Malaysia ;-)

Isn't that perfect?

yc