Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Yakitate!!! Japan

焼きたて!! ジャぱん



I created this blog to follow up my friend's celebration in getting accepted to the Culinary Institute of America :D

A friend of mine mentioned some jdoramas (japanese dramas) about cooking and baking and so I think I will tell this friend (DJ) about this funny and good anime that may entertain and teach you a little lessons about baking & pastry...
It's Yakitate Ja-pan!!! You know Japanese people don't normally eat bread coz their main food is rice so in this anime, there's this guy (main character) called Azuma Kazuma (yes it's like Yamato Yama/Nobita Nobi -> funny repetitive names :P), who possesses "Solar Hand", which apparently important when you're making a dough (so I assume your bread would taste better then you got fever hahaha :P jk), tries to promote bread in Japan and also to create a national bread for Japan. It also coincides that "pan" means bread in japanese, so Ja-pan might be interpreted as "Japanese Bread" :P

When I watched this anime, I craved bread which I don't normally crave :P.
My bro and other friends also did the same hahaha so u may need to expect that you may gain weight a little when u watch this.

At the end of the anime, they sometimes give a little tips about baking bread etc. Check it out yourself!!! It's worth watching :D

1 comment:

DJ said...

debbie i think i have watched this anime before but not completely yet...it is awesomeeee, i want to watch it again someday =) thank you for telling me 'coz i didn't know the title before hihihihihihi =P