Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bali Trip 2007

Just went back from my holiday in Bali...It was a great place to go... what a pity my mom couldn't go with us to Bali.... If she went with us, it would be almost a perfect trip...It wasnt really a perfect holiday coz the weather was terrible

- 23 Dec 07

I arrived at Bali on the 23rd... That day's weather was pretty good...well not to mention the long shower coz it wouldnt be that bad if we just had shower and not stormy day...The 23rd was OK but we had to wait a very long time just to check in...sigh a bit disappointing from a five-star hotel like Grand Hyatt :-(We just got free welcome drinks because of that... and it didnt taste that nice :-(

Grand Hyatt... a very nice hotel... but it was a bit too big... hehe... We stayed in Grand Hyatt for 3 nights and moved to novotel for another 3 nights...I prefer hyatt than novotel tho... the service in novotel wasn't that nice... hmmm maybe coz it's a serviced apartment so we cant expect the service like in a normal hotel...The breakfast was better in hyatt too... :-S of course the rate is higher in hyatt than novotel tho... but it wasnt a big difference so I vote for hyatt hehe yay!!








- 24 Dec 07

OK.. moving to the next day, we went for water rafting, 7 of us (3 girls and 4 guys)... what a pity not all of us could go, it was raining very hard too... but it was really fun still :-)Water rafting in Ayung river... it was about 10 km rowing... coz we were 7 people, so the team was divided into 2, a group of 3 plus an instructor and a group of 4 plus an instructor :)Unsuprisingly, I was with a team of 4 incl. the instructor... and unsurprisingly i won the race hahaha :P




- 25 Dec 07


Xmas day... it was raining very hard...We were gonna play in the sea but coz the rain was quite hard, we cancelled the plan and went to Ubud instead, looking at some paintings...It was quite hard to find some good and cheap paintings there... the cheap ones were the reproduced ones :-(Well we also didn't know much about the painting so it was quite hard to know the one with good value on it :-S
it's christmas day!!! so we still managed to go to the church in the evening ;-)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!



- 26 Dec 07





It was a rainy day...We went to the sea still for playing some water sports... we played "Flying Fish"... a kind of kite made of rubber which is pulled by a boat...Depending of the wind direction, we can fly :-) Nice... hehehelucky there was no thunder at all :-)
We also planned to dive...but coz the rain got harder then we were not brave enuf to do it :P so we went home and went to ubud again coz my friend wanted to buy some paintings...










- 27 Dec 07

It's time to go to the main event...well it's kinda our main purpose going to Bali...to attend my friend's wedding :-)SURPRISINGLY, those rainy days meant nothing for the couple... that day was a complete success... the outdoor parties went successfully with no problem at all...
Here are some pics again :-)

























- 28 Dec 07



OK, this is it! Our last day in Bali coz we're going home on the next day :-S

LUCKILYYY we could go out under sunny sky... man... we miss it soo much :) So we rushed going out to Kuta Beach to play with the wave.. yes the best wave shouldbe in Kuta when you talk about BALI :-) well im not the expert but that's what people say and I believe it since the beaches in Nusa Dua don't have big waves like in Kuta but of course if you want to learn how to surf, learning in a calmer part of the sea is better coz u can learn how to stand in the long board... (yes we use longboard, not the surf board straight away). Long board is of coz longer than the surf board but that's what a beginner needs... heheI could see my bro's adrenalin boosted so fast when he saw SEA, BRIGHT SKY, and BIG WAVES :-D so many people tried to sell a service to teach you how to surf...The guys quickly took off their clothes and JUMPED while screaming "FINALLYY!!!" hahaha...I and some other girl friends went for a quick shopping time before we wet ourselves with the salty water :-)I just bought a pijama for my beloved mom who was in Holland, accompanying my grandma after her surgery...
We felt that the shops weren't that interesting anymore (maybe coz our mind was with the sea hee) so we went back and played with the waves... I didnt try to surf coz it seems very heavy and difficult :-S After we tanned ourselves, we went wash ourselves to go to other beach -> TANJUNG BENOA to do some water sports :-)We did our flying fish there and once we're there, we thought over some activities like banana boat, jetski, water ski, wake board, etc and we decided to dive which wascancelled before... so we DID it!!! WITHOUT LICENSEE!!! (y could we??) coz we went with some instructors who swam for us, so he would carry 2 people under the waterthen asked us to hold onto some rocks... THUS...NO SWIMMING!!!
Some rocks made my skin itchy... I tried to signal the instructor about it using my hand language hehe...but then my body started to float since I let my hands off the rocks...Instead of understanding my hand signal, my instructor pulled me down again and PUT ME ON THE SAME SPOT!!! What theeee... those rocks touched my skin again and it reallyirritated me :-S Other than that bitter side of the story, I saw so many beautiful and colorful fishes under the sea...wow... I never thought that I could see those beautiful scenejust 10 mins away from the shore :-) I think it was worth it... u know, good experience is expensive :P

The sky was getting darker, that time was like 5.30 pm-ish so it was time for us to go back to the hotel... I could see my dad was getting tired too..poor him, he was justtaking care of our bags when we dived hehe he is a good daddy :-DSo we went home quickly, took shower and went out again to do a little shopping nearby...
I didn't buy that many since I wasn't that interested buying surfing type of clothes hhehe so we went home after dinner :-)Once we're home, it started to rain again...it was quite hard that nite...

You see! Just for this day, I could write this much comparing with the other days -__- heheh We need our SUN!!!! As long as it shines brightly, it WILL make our day!!!



















- 29 Dec 07



I don't like this day, we had to wake up at around 5.30 AM then fly back to Jogjakarta :-SOur holiday in Bali has finished -___-To make things worse, we needed to drive back from Jogjakarta to Semarang... another 4 hrs trip!!! OH NO -__-!Well even it was raining almost everyday during our stay in Bali, I think I still enjoy it a lot hehehe :-) And now my skin is darker too :)

1 comment:

PetiteNat said...

WOW what an exciting and fun trip!!