Sunday, October 28, 2007

Humility

I went to church by myself today, the second time I went myself... It didn't feel weird as the first time I went alone...but I do feel I take things for granted all this time...All this time, I always have someone to go with me to church and suddenly no one... hehe I'll get used to it ;)

So yeah, humility...that was today's homily about...
During the homily the Father walked around and asked the people what humility is about...
Then one lady mentioned something that I really thought about when I came in, she said, "never take things for granted... people tend to ask more and more and never be thankful for what they've got in their lives... She said when you lose something then you will understand... but of course we don't want to lose something just to make us understand right?

Another thing being mentioned was about having faith to Jesus and always believe that everything is possible. I am not sure what it has something to do with humility at first, but i think, having faith in someone means we give our full trust in someone that he/she will do something that we can't (beyond our ability). And being able to do this is the same as being humble. Am I right? :S

Well regardless of the answer, I enjoyed my time when I was at the church.
Ah yeah I wanna join WYD08 but I heard that you have to follow it for 2 weeks... that means u have to take leave for about 2 weeks... 0___0 how can i get tat luxury?? Oh Man... !-___-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you do if you have put your complete trust in someone but later found out that s/he has disappointed you bitterly? Do you forgive and try again or do you just give up and ... move on? Oh and yes, I agree with never take anything for granted, especially things other people do for you. Just a thought :)

Deb Koo said...

Personally, I would get really really mad...and sad for sure...
Those things have happened to me few times before but then I don't think it would stop me for putting myself in a complete faith in God though :)
Although this is difficult, I always try to take positive sides of things in life...
I may get depressed and down for the few days after I found out that my own friend(s) disappoint me bitterly (the number of days depends on the severity of the problem :P) but then I always think of it as a mistake that I shouldn't do next time. This is hard of coz but then who said life is simple? hehehe :P Dunno if that answers the question but that's my point of view :)